||This page is currently under
construction. I will use this page to tell you about any problems that
I have had with my truck, both due to mods and things that happened
unrelated to me modding my truck. I will go into detail on each later
on. These are the ONLY problems I've had since I've owned the truck.
But out of the 8 things I've had go wrong, only 3 things were out of my
control. Even those 3 things were pretty petty. I've never had
any major problems. Most of the stuff was due to excessive lift.
But I'm willing to accept these repairs. It's a tradeoff.
1) Ripped CV boots due to excessive lift.
2) Lost all the grease on my upper ball joints due to excessive lift.
3) Left tie rod boot lost its grease to to excessive lift.
5) Rear axle seal leaked three times, I really don't think this was due to my lift or tires. I believe there is a defect from the factory. Many other people have experienced the same thing. After the third time, I found out that the rear driver's side axle shaft was bent.
6) Rear axle shaft replaced due to it being bent and causing my axle seals to blow. Not sure if it was my driving or just some sort of fluke.
7) AC idler pulley replaced. I don't think that had anything to due with any mods.
8) Power antenna quit working. Don't know why.
9) Ripped an upper shock mount bushing. I believe this was due to an improper installation after my CV boots were replaced by the shop. I don't see how it could have happened with a big metal washer on top. It appears that the metal washer either was not installed or not installed properly. I know for sure when I installed it the first time it was done right.
10) Rear sway bar bushing was pulled from its mount. This happened on the trail one day. Nothing was damaged, just some excessive rattling noise coming from the rear sway bar mount.
11) Bent rear sway bar due to the longer Bilstein shocks.
12) Sheared off driveshaft grease fitting due to contact on the gas tank because of my longer Bilstein shocks.
13) Front axle seal leaked. I think when my CV boots were replaced they messed something up.